Top-Quality, Rapid Windshield Repairs in Tampa
A chipped or cracked windshield is not always a cause for complete windshield replacement. Many types of auto glass damage can be repaired so your windshield can remain in place. If your windshield has sustained damage, Auto Glass Express is here to help with windshield chip repair and windshield crack repair in Tampa, FL. Our team of professionals will come right to you and so you can enjoy easy auto window repair without stress or inconvenience.
Common Causes of Windshield Damage
Your windshield is exposed to weather and road hazards every day as you drive. Chips and cracks in your car glass may occur under many circumstances—if you do discover windshield damage, seeking professional auto glass repair as quickly as possible can help preserve the appearance, integrity, and safety of your windshield.
- Rocks are a top cause of windshield chips and cracks while on the road. Even a small pebble can cause a cracked windshield if it is caught up and launched at your windshield by a car or truck driving ahead of you.
- Other types of road debris can cause chips and cracks in your windshield as well if they are caught up in gusts of wind or the motion of traffic. Additionally, objects carried in cars ahead of you, especially those poorly-secured in trunks or pickup truck beds, can sometimes turn into flying debris that impacts your windshield.
- Extreme weather conditions can weaken auto glass and make your windshield more prone to cracking. Furthermore, quick temperature changes (such as pouring hot water on a windshield to clear ice or frost) can also cause the glass to crack.
Best Tips to Avoid Windshield Damage
Many of the causes of windshield damage are unavoidable; however, there are some steps you can take to lower the risk of a cracked windshield whenever possible. If you need fast, professional windshield crack repair in Tampa, FL, you can reach Auto Glass Express today by calling (480) 500-9000.
- Take note of your surroundings and the expected weather conditions when parking outside. If possible, avoid parking under large trees.
- Avoid following other cars closely while driving, especially on poorly-paved roads or in windy, dusty conditions.
- Whenever possible, don’t drive during storms, including wind and dust storms.
- Keep your windshield cleaner fluid filled and wash your windshield regularly.
- Talk to your auto glass specialist about the products and techniques you should use to clean your windshield properly. Some chemicals and cleaning products can cause damage to the windshield or the urethane holding it in place.
- Check the condition of your windshield wipers frequently, and have them replaced when they no longer remove water sufficiently or make squeaking or squealing sounds when active.
When you are driving down the road and something hits your windshield, a bigger crack can appear and cause a hazard. Even if the object was small, like a tiny pebble, you may need to have your windshield repaired. Whether your car is brand new or used, we offer Tampa windshield repair and replacement services. At Auto Glass Express, we strive to keep your vehicle to be safe while completing the necessary repairs in a timely and efficient manner.
Repair or replacement?
- There are three chips/cracks or less
- The damage is not at the very edge
- The damage is not right in your line of sight
Windshield repair may not be the right solution for every case. With more than a decade of experienced, we can determine whether our repair services are the right answer for you.Call us at (480) 500-9000 to request more information!.